Q. How do I get a copy of a police report or an accident report?

A . Copies of offense reports and accident reports are available from the Records Unit in the lobby of the police station, 303Main Street, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. For more information, call 502-633-2326.

Q. How do I file a police report?

A. You may call the Shelby County Dispatch Center at 502-633-2323 and request a police officer respond to your location. Always call 911 if your situation is life threatening.

Q. Who do I call to see if I have any outstanding warrants?

A. If you believe you may have a warrant placed against you, you should call the Shelby County District Court at 502-633-4736 or the Shelby County Sheriff's Office at 502 633-4324. If you believe you may have a warrant filed against you by an officer of the Shelbyville Police Department, you should call 502-633-2326.

Q. Who do I call to see if someone is in jail?

A. The Shelbyville Police Department utilizes the services of the Shelby County Detention Center at 14 7 th Street , Shelbyville , KY , 40065 . The telephone number is 502-633-2343.

Q. How can I get fingerprinted?

A. Fingerprinting is done between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Shelbyville Police Department. You must supply your own card. For more information, call 502-633-2326.

Q. How do I compliment or complain about a Shelbyville police officer/department employee and/or police service?

A. You should either call the officer's commanding officer on his shift at 502-633-2326 or the Shelbyville Police Department Chiefs Office at 502-633-2326 Monday through Friday, between 9 am and 4 pm.

Q. How do I find out how much a traffic ticket is?

A. You can find out how much a traffic ticket is by calling Shelby County District Court at 502-633-4736.

Q. If I disagree with an officer's traffic accident report, what can I do?

A. Officers are traffic accident report takers only. They assess each accident on a case by case basis. Officers make a determination as to the contributing factors in the accident, but they DO NOT determine fault. If you disagree with the final accident report, you should contact the officer to discuss your concerns. The officer has the final say in how the report is written. Who pays for damage and other related costs is a matter which must be determined in civil court and/or between insurance companies. You should contact your insurance agent and/or an attorney.

Q. Who should I contact for the status of my hit and run accident report?

A . Contact the officer that completed the accident report who will be the investigating officer for the hit and run. They can be reached by contacting the police department at 502-633-2326 and asking for the officer by name.

Q. How can I arrange to have a Child Safety Seat Technician assist me in installing my new car seat?

A. Contact the Shelbyville Police Department at 502-633-2326 between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. to schedule an inspection by a Certified Child Safety Seat inspector.

Q. How can I attend the Citizen's Police Academy?

A. Check the website for future announcements on a Shelbyville Police Department Citizen's Academy.

Q. Where can I get information about applying for the Shelbyville Police Department (sworn and/or civilian positions)?

A. Applications are available at the Shelbyville Police Department at 303 Main Street , Shelbyville , KY. and from t he City of Shelbyville Personnel Office. All applications are to be turned in with all accompanying documents to the Personnel Administrator at City Hall at315 Washington Street , Shelbyville , KY. The Personnel Administrator can be contacted at City Hall at 502 633-8000.

Q. What are the requirements to apply for a position as a Shelbyville Police Officer?

A. The City of Shelbyville accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Applicants must be 21 years of age, possess a valid Kentucky Driver's License, possess a high school diploma or GED certificate, and be a United States Citizen.

Q. Is there a fee for a parade permit and are there any special conditions?

A. Currently, there is no fee for a parade permit; however, the applicant is responsible for all barricades and requirements placed upon the event if approval is granted. Applications may be obtained at the Shelbyville Police Department.

Q. How can I get a crime prevention or other related police presentation for my group, school or organization?

A. Call the Shelbyville Police Department at 502-633-2326 and the necessary arrangements will be made to accommodate your request.

Q. How can someone report speeders on their street or request additional traffic speed monitoring?

A. You may contact the Shelbyville Police Department at 502-633-2326.

Q. Does the Shelbyville Police Department have a police reserve program?

A. The Shelbyville Police Department does not currently have a police reserve program.

Q. How can I get a Shelbyville Police Department patch?

A. The department does not send out patches to persons other than law enforcement officers. If you are a law enforcement officer and wish to obtain a department patch, submit your request in writing on the letterhead of your agency.